R. da República 3, 5200-233 - Mogadouro
279 340 501
16th-century church with a Latin cross plan and three naves. It is assumed that the construction of the Church dates to the construction of the convent. Its main altar and the respective paintings made by M. Lopes Matos, due to their importance, are also classified. This convent is, today, very deprived of its original design, as it underwent several reconstructions, due to two fires that destroyed it. The Church of São Francisco, which was part of the convent, began rebuilding in 1618 and ended in 1689. According to tradition, it was a nobleman from the Távora family (Dom Luís Álvares de Távora) who ordered it to be erected.